A Year in Review
Top 10 Evening Gowns of 2018
1. Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray – The 24-year-old crowd favorite wore a gown designed by Mak Tumang. The “volcano gown” was a tribute to the Mayon volcano of the Philippines with her sparkling crimson gown designed to resemble the swirling red and orange lava that flows down the cone-shaped volcano’s crater.
2.Miss Universe Canada Marta Magdalena Stępień – Dubai-based designer Michael Cinco created this jaw-dropping nude couture gown with rose gold swarovski with a dramatic train with never ending layers of tulle.
3.Miss World 2018 Vanessa Ponce De Leon – Vanessa wore this off the shoulder blush/ivory sequined gown and it made her look like a million dollars! The design featured a column gown with a full back overskirt and fitted top section with v-neckline.
4. Miss Universe Vietnam H’hen Nie – The 26-year-old Her short hair and brown skin model received a ton of attention from the media at Miss Universe 2018. The Vietnamese beauty were a canary yellow gown designed by Linh San wore a canary yellow gown with its bright color, flourish of exuberant chiffon/georgette and torso draped sequins.
5. Miss Venezuela International Mariem Velazco – The gorgeous white pearl-sequined gown was designed by Venezuelan designer Alejandro Fajardo (who incidentally also created her national costume), The gown featured a perfectly fitting fit-to-flare silhouette with sweeping train, a plunging sweetheart neckline with see-through illusion.
6. Miss Earth 2018 Phuong Khanh Nguyen – The dress, named “Life of the sun”, is designed by Linh San.The designer said the main feature of the evening gown is brilliant gold tone and belly cut-out design that will perfectly show off the Vietnamese beauty’s body shape.
7. Miss Universe Venezuela Sthefany Gutierrez – Guiterrez wore a silver-nude gown from Venezuelan designer Nihal Nouaihed. The fitted dress which featured long sleeves, had beautiful silver sequins in a “fireworks”-like display over a nude illusion base.
8. Miss Supranational USA Katrina Jayne Dimaranan – The 25-year-old Filipino-American were a red one shoulder gown complete with liquid beads and fringe. The red carpet gown definitely made Dimaranan stand out on stage against the other contestants.
9. Miss Philippines International Maria Ahtisa Manalo – Manalo wore a couture Michael Cinco fully beaded blush pink gown with exquisite crystal details in delicate tulle with feathers from the designer’s “Impalpable Dream of The ROYALS” Spring-Summer 2019 Collection.
10. Miss America 2019 Nia Franklin – The ebony beauty wore a white mermaid gown, with one shoulder topped off with layered frills. The new Miss America debuted her evening gown earlier during the competition’s “red carpet” portion, a replacement of Miss America’s traditional “evening gown” round, a historical first.