Jacenta Barel-World’s Perfect Woman 2015
With the official start of Fall technically only a few weeks away on September 22, 2016… The unofficial start to Fall begins with the return to school, even if the weather doesn’t always agree.
5 of the Top Trends for Fall 2016 in Women’s Wear include:
1) Orange – Albeit a richer more muted orange, this fabulous color was found on almost every runway. Think Pumpkin, Burnt Umber, and Persimmon.
2) Shearling Coats – The “it” coat continues to be the shearling. Those of you lucky enough to live in cooler weather, take advantage of this luxurious must- have! And the most exciting part?! The styles & colors available! How can a Fashionista choose just one with so many gorgeous textures, colors, trims, and cuts?! Aviator anyone?! 😉
3) Military Inspired Dressing – More specifically, the Navy! Double breasted coats, pea coats and sailor pants. Some designers hinted at the inspiration, while others borrowed officer stripes and patchwork.
4) Furs – Whether real or faux, furs were the luxury statement piece on designer runways. No longer your grandmother’s fur coat… bright and bold colors, patch work, patterns, animal prints, and intricate artful designs, both in pattern and style represent the ‘new’ fur coat of today.
5) Rich Fabrics – Leather, suede, and velvet were all found on countless runways for Fall 2016. These rich and luxurious fabrics are found in everything from fitted suede pants in soft denim colors, to gorgeous jewel toned velvet pantsuits. These fabrics are paired with plush sweaters to silk slips. It’s all about wear-ability.